It’s time for a long overdue update. There will be plenty more over the coming days/weeks as we start to firm up our plans a bit and concentrate less on work and more on travel!
Here is our ‘To-Do’ list for the next few months. So everyone can see what planning is involved, what we still need to do, and how far we are from being ready!
New camera – Nikon P520 Bridge Camera– done!
- Daypacks for both of us
- Walking shoes for both of us
- Packing Cubes
- Travel Towels
- Protective Macbook cover
- External Hard Drive
- Beard Trimmer (for me!)
- Sleeping bag liners (silk)
- Warm coat (for me, Katy now has one)
Tasks before we go
- Hand notice in (both of us)
- Book appointment at travel clinic to get up to date on jabs
- Get new passport (Katy) – has been applied for
- Look into travel insurance costs
- Declutter and get rid of the vast majority of our possessions – in progress!
- Book Eurostar to Paris (goes on sale late September)
- Book European trains (probably do this in October/November)
- Book Trans Siberian tickets (can’t do until 45 days before! But will contact Real Russia long before this)
- Arrange Visas for Belarus, Russia, Mongolia, China and Vietnam. First 3 will be done through RealRussia, China one not sure, Vietnam through embassy.
- Book accommodation for France, Germany and Russia.
Ok this doesn’t look as big as I imagined, but I’m sure we will be adding to it, and there is still a lot here!